OARE - Research in the Environment
OARE (Online Access to Research in the Environment) is an internet based portal which provides free or low cost access to major scientific and peer reviewed journals, e-books, databases, and other scientific materials in environmental sciences.
OARE was launched in 2006 and is managed by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in partnership with Yale University and more than 85 publishers. OARE provides access to over 3100 institutions access to up to 8,200 journals, up to 22,000 e-books, and up to 40 other information resources in a wide range of disciplines contributing to our understanding of the natural environment.
- Increase access to high-quality, relevant literature in environmental sciences
- Improve research in environmental sciences and related disciplines
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of education and training
- Increase environment-related policy for the benefit of the population
- Link to the U.N.’s Sustainable Development goals 2017-2030
- Conservation policy and planning
- Environmental biotechnology
- Environmental chemistry
- Environmental economics
- Environmental engineering
- Environmental law and policy
- Environmental toxicology and pollution